Please immediately get in touch with our support team to allow them to escalate this and act quickly in following our internal investigations process.
We respectfully and kindly request that you confirm that any items reported stolen have not merely been misplaced. This is frequently the case, so we urge you to double-check before we begin this very serious process. Please note that when an accusation is made, a SweepStar will be deactivated and will lose the opportunity to earn. If you do find the missing items we urge you to let us know as quickly as possible. Each day that an innocent SweepStar is unable to work is a day of no-pay. If you do find the items we would kindly encourage you to assist us in contributing towards the SweepStar's lost pay for the days they have been deactivated.
An internal process will now take place together with a third-party. This is purely an internal investigation and has no bearing on the investigation carried out by SAPS or any insurance claim.
- We will immediately be notifying our operations team (who manage SweepStar communications) about this incident
- The SweepStar will be suspended pending investigation outcome and unable to attend or pick up any bookings, this incident will be noted on their profile
- All relevant details associated with this incident will be handed over to a third-party who will conduct the investigation and/or polygraph
- Once we have received a verdict, we will take the below necessary steps. This process can take up to 4 weeks (depending on ease of contact with both parties)
- Where a guilty verdict is concluded, the SweepStar will be permanently deactivated from the platform
- Where an innocent verdict is concluded, the SweepStar will be reactivated on the platform
*Please note that as all SweepStars are independent contractors, as per our Terms & Conditions, SweepSouth will not be liable for any claim, injury or damage arising in connection with your use of the platform. A verdict does not hold the company liable for any remediation.
Our theft procedure is a lengthy process due to the sensitivity of the matter as we need to make sure on our end that a fair investigation is conducted and that a proper verdict (guilty/innocent) may be ascertained. Our ability to ensure this, relies on relationships with third-parties where an investigation will be conducted and/or a possible polygraph test will be initiated for the SweepStar to allow us to establish honesty and whether the SweepStar may be permitted to continue working via the platform.
A Case Number - More Info
The reason that we encourage you to get a case number for this incident is to ensure that SweepStars take accountability, especially when it comes to theft in a client's home or office. Should you wish to log the incident please do so at your nearest police station, we encourage you to let this follow the standard procedure that is managed by SAPS, we are not involved in their processes. At the end of the day though, opening up a case is your choice (even though we strongly encourage this). Please do also send us the case number once received.
The Booking Cover product that you select is wholly managed and facilitated by a 3rd party FSP (SureStart) who are in no way linked to SweepSouth. When you choose booking cover, you will receive a separate email ahead of your booking containing further information with regards to your booking cover. For more information about this Booking Cover product, read more.
If anything goes wrong during the course of your booking, you will need to get in touch with the SureStart team who will assist you with raising a claim via phone or email.
- Phone: +27(0) 87 550 9614
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: all claims will be subject to an excess: amount is the greater of 5% of claim or R100 and will be deducted from your final settlement.
Please note: all claims, questions, etc. must be addressed with SureStart, the 3rd party FSP who manage Booking Cover.