Things to do when a client accuses you of stealing:
- If you know that you did not steal anything, politely ask the client that you did not steal anything and that if they could please double check if they did not misplace what they had lost.
- If the client still continues to say that you stole, we would advise that you:
- leave the booking
- make sure that you inform support
- provide Support with all the booking details and what exactly happened.
- The support team will then wait for the client to contact them about this and if the client contacts them it will be easier to deal with the query as they will already be aware of this accusation.
- Support will then keep in contact with the client until the issue has been resolved.
Every theft accusation is taken seriously on the SweepSouth platform, so always protect yourself.
Here are some tips:
- Place your belongings in a place that is visible to the client.
- Do not go through your client’s cupboards or bags.
- Ask before you take something.
- Ask your client to be specific if you do not understand a request they make.