The following steps should be taken in an instance where you have caught your SweepStar stealing
- Do not apprehend the SweepStar
- Immediately contact the police
1. Nationwide Emergency Response - 10111
The telephone number 10111 is for any emergency that requires police response and can be dialed from anywhere in South Africa.
A call centre operator will answer the incoming call, take all necessary particulars then assign the emergency to the relevant response team to attend to the incident. This may be a Flying Squad patrol vehicle, or the local police station.
Calls to 10111 made on a landline are free. Calls made from a cell phone are charged at the normal cell phone rates.
2. Cell phone emergency - 112
The number 112 can be called from any cell phone in South Africa. It will transfer your line to a call centre and they will route you to the emergency service closest to you.
When this number is dialed, it is followed by an automated menu. But remain calm, because the menu exists as a form of triage (priority of treatment) control and filters out abuse of the medical and emergency system.
A call to 112 on a cell phone is free and is even possible on a cell phone that does not have airtime.
- The police will come through to your property in order to manage the situation
- It is imperative that you allow the police to manage this situation to ensure that the correct procedures are followed
- The police will apprehend the SweepStar and enquire whether she/he has removed an item from your home
- If the SweepStar admits this, the police will need to take the item(s) that had been removed as this forms evidence
- From here you will be able to lay a charge and open a case
- Please note that we will be unable to proceed with any form of internal processes and you will be unable to raise an insurance claim without a case number validating the incident (this includes deactivation of the SweepStar). It is imperative, from a legal point, that this is provided and we always firmly encourage clients to ensure that this step is followed to allow SweepSouth to take necessary measures.
Once the police have been to your property and completed their investigation, please get in touch with SweepSouth in order to make us aware of the situation on 087 351 5444 or please submit a query to our support team.
From here, the SweepStar in question will immediately be deactivated and will no longer be able to work via the SweepSouth platform. Please also send us the case number in order to allow us to add this to the SweepStar's record.
Criminal checks are carried out in accordance with the South African gold standard. We even receive data if they have ever been charged with a crime. We would never permit a worker to be activated on our platform with any criminal history.
SweepSouth utilises the AFISwitch Criminal Illicit Activity Check, the only criminal verification check available to the South African corporate market since the discontinuation of the SAPS Name Clearance Criminal Check in mid 2011.
The AFISwitch Criminal Illicit Activity Check requires a candidate's fingerprints in order to conduct the verification against the Automated Fingerprint Identification System. The fingerprints can be obtained by capturing the ten fingerprints of a potential candidate electronically using a SAGEM MSO300 scanner. The fingerprint package is then submitted online for verification to AFISwitch; the interface between the AFIS database and the public.
If you'd selected to insure your booking, the next step is to contact the SureStart team who will assist you with raising an insurance claim via phone or email.
To register your claim, please contact the SureStart team who will be able to assist you:
- Phone: +27(0) 87 550 9614
- Email: email@example.com
The insurance is underwritten by Mutual and Federal Risk Financing Limited.
Please note: if insurance has not be opted into, unfortunately you will not be able to raise a claim against any damages, breakages or losses. Insurance is only available for clients booking services for addresses in South Africa.
While SweepSouth support members are unable to answer questions related to insurance, should you have any other questions please submit a query to our support team.