SweepSouth is a platform, created to connect clients to SweepStars and as such, SweepStars are not employees of SweepSouth. Rather they are independent contractors of the platform.
As SweepSouth was founded on the basis of dignified work at fair pay, it is essential and crucial to the core of our business that all SweepStars work via a secure platform that encourages a safe place to find work opportunities. Our team work hard in an effort to provide SweepStars with benefits and will continue to explore other opportunities.
Presently, all SweepStars are offered:
- The SweepStar app is zero-rated, meaning that SweepStars do not pay for using the app.
- We provide access to basic financial literacy and savings training and access to low cost bank accounts as part of our onboarding.
- Through partnerships we offer SweepStars life and disability cover.
- We encourage all SweepStars to install the Namola app on their cellphones. Namola allows users to request emergency assistance and receive emergency response.
- We've also partnered with The Warrior Project, an online portal that offers information and resources to victims of domestic and gender-based violence.
- Lastly, we are working with both online training providers to provide basic skills training and vocational courses to SweepStars, and with larger organizations to act as potential employers for those who have passed these vocational courses as part of an up-skilling drive. We are an active example of this, having promoted a number of SweepStars into positions within our operations teams in Cape Town and Johannesburg.