When you sign up for SweepSouth or shortly thereafter, a small pre-authorization charge is made on your credit or debit card for a specific amount, used to ensure your card is valid before you are able to make use of the service. We void that charge immediately when it’s made so you are never actually charged. Pre-authorization is normally valid for 1-5 days on debit cards, while credit card pre-authorization periods can be longer and vary between issuing banks.
Articles in this section
- How does card payment work (Kenya)?
- Why is there a pending charge from SweepSouth (Kenya)?
- My account has an unrecognized charge (Kenya)?
- Why have I been charged an authorization fee (Kenya)?
- Why did you charge me R1 (Kenya)?
- Can I be billed weekly (Kenya)?
- How does billing work (Kenya)?
- Can I be billed monthly (Kenya)?
- Questions about charges on your account (Kenya).
- I was charged for a booking I didn't schedule (Kenya).