South Africa went into level 4 lockdown on 1 May 2020. This meant that some businesses could operate again under the new regulations - this includes some SweepSouth services.
This is what level 4 means for SweepStars:
- Only level 4 business cleaners, nannies, and live-in domestic workers are allowed to go to work.
- All caregivers who take care of the elderly or persons with disabilities, physical or mental illness are allowed to go to work.
Based on the surveys we sent, there are SweepStars with certain skills who are allowed to go to bookings during the level 4 lockdown. Their days off have been removed and they have been given permits to go to their bookings. If you are one of those SweepStars who are allowed to go to bookings, please remember the following:
- Wear a face mask at all times (this includes while using public transport).
- If you are booked, ensure that you don’t have COVID-19 symptoms before going to the booking.
- Have a digital copy of your personal permit saved on your phone (do not use this permit to go to private bookings).
- All SweepStars who cannot work during the level 4 lockdown will be assigned days off.
- If a SweepStar lies about their symptoms and goes to a booking while sick, the booking will be cancelled immediately.