YES! We've taken all the necessary steps to ensure that every booking includes cleaning & sanitisation!
On 27 June 2021, President Cyril Ramaphosa confirmed that South Africa will be heading for level 4 restrictions to help fight against COVID-19 infections and support the country during the third wave. With current restrictions put in place, there have been many questions about the regulations around domestic workers in level 4 and other cleaning professionals during Alert Level 4.
- Domestic workers in level 4 are still able to safely travel from and to work & SweepSouth bookings are still able to take place.
- SweepSouth follows strict COVID-19 safety protocols, including promoting safety calls, daily symptom check-ins before each booking & providing safety tips to SweepStars & MORE.
- Safety is the main priority, and citizens are asked to wear a mask that covers their mouth and nose.
- Keep a safe 1.5 meter distance from one another and make sure to wash your hands regularly with either soap or hand sanitizer.
- If you have symptoms it’s important to self-isolate for 10 days. If you have a SweepSouth booking during this time, you can easily cancel your booking and rather contribute towards your SweepStar. Here’s how you can still help your SweepStar during these difficult times – click here.
Preparing Your SweepStar
- All SweepStars have passed a sanitisation cleaning & product usage course
- All SweepStars will be required to complete a COVID-19 symptom checklist before attending any booking
- All SweepStars will wear a mask during transit and at a booking
Ahead of your booking, you must confirm that
- You (and your household) are free from symptoms
- You will wear a facemask when conversing with your SweepStar & make hand sanitiser or soap freely available
- We recommend making bleach & vinegar available for your SweepStar
- You are encouraged to supply your SweepStar with a fresh mask and any additional PPE for use at your home
- Where possible, we encourage you to offer private transport for your SweepStar, especially if you are at high risk
As a platform, connecting clients to SweepStars, we are not in a position to police the permitted booking of SweepStars and as such will have to rely on trusting clients to make informed and cautious choices when booking their SweepStars.
If you do not yet want to start up your bookings again, that is absolutely fine! We still strongly encourage all clients who are able to, to cancel their bookings but still contribute towards their SweepStar. We have put measures in place to allow you to contribute these funds. We are asking everyone to assist SweepStars where they can. We are conscious that many of these women and men rely on this income to put food on the table for their entire families. We've put together a simple step-by-step guides for you to do this!
For any questions, or assistance, please get in touch with our support team - email@example.com.