When it came to selecting who would receive these vehicles, the following criteria were considered:
- Best performing SweepStars (high customer ratings and high reliability scores)
- Longest term on the platform
- Hold a valid driver's license + 2 years' driving experience (and evaluated on driving skill)
- Showed an interest in working under the commercial arm of the business
- A South African citizen (prescriptive from BBEEE rules of South Africa.)
- Interviewed extensively
The vehicles have been provided to five micro-suppliers (SweepStars) from The SweepSouth Foundation (the government-approved SweepSouth Business Sanitisation service) from SDI (Supplier Development Initiatives), funded by FNB. These five micro-suppliers (SweepStars) are responsible for transporting equipment and materials to commercial bookings.