Booking Cover Partners
In partnership with SureStart Online Financial Services (FSP no. 47233) and Chubb Insurance South Africa Limited, clients have the option to select booking cover, an add-on product to any booking that they book when connecting with an independent contractor (SweepStar) via the SweepSouth platform. Note that no other cover or insurance is offered or available when you connect with an independent contractor via the platform. This is wholly managed and facilitated by the 3rd party FSP (SureStart) who are in no way linked to SweepSouth. When you choose booking cover, you will receive a separate email ahead of your booking containing further information with regards to your booking cover. To read more information about this Booking Cover product: Booking Cover Information.
If anything goes wrong during the course of your booking, you will need to get in touch with the SureStart team who will assist you with raising a claim via phone or email.
- Phone: +27(0) 87 550 9614
- Email: email@example.com
Please note: all claims will be subject to an excess: amount is the greater of 5% of claim or R100 and will be deducted from your final settlement.
If Booking Cover has not be opted into, unfortunately you will not be able to raise a claim against any damages, breakages or losses.
Booking Cover Details
You can select booking cover for your indoor and/or outdoor bookings:
- One-time booking = R19
- Recurring booking = R12/booking (savings!)
Booking cover provides cover for loss or damage or theft to your Household Contents occurring at the Property, Building or Home during the Period of Cover and is directly attributable to the actions of a Sweepstar.
Maximum Limit: R 5 000 per booking
But what does this actually mean?
In simple terms, if you were to pick up your home, and turn it upside down - most items that fall out of your house will be covered up to an amount of R5000 [Excess: amount is the greater of 5% of claim or R100 and will be deducted from your final settlement.].
Note that any fixed items in your home, that you would not pop into a box when you move home, is not covered, such as - damage to your toilet, sink, basin, shower, walls, skirting boards, doors, windows, fitted/built in oven/stove, fixed cabinets, etc.
Exclusions – What is not covered
- Property obtained with the purpose of disposing of it in a business transaction.
- Money, securities for money, deeds, bonds, bills of exchange, promissory notes, Vouchers, negotiable and other documents, stamps, manuscripts, rare books, medals, coins, artwork and other similar collectable items.
- vehicles, watercraft (excluding surfboards, kite boards, paddle skis, kayaks, canoes, surf skis, windsurf boards, sailboards and model boats), drones, aircraft, other aerial devices (excluding model aircraft), and all tools, spare parts and accessories of these vehicles, aircraft or watercraft that are on, in or attached to it;
- Loss or damage or theft to any Household Contents that you do not own but rent, borrow, keep in trust or have custody or control over.
- Loss or damage or theft from or relating to any exchange, cash or credit sale agreement, including theft under false pretense and fraud;
- The cost of reproduction or repair of data of any kind;
- Loss or damage covered by a manufacturer’s purchase agreement, guarantee or service contract.
- The actual buildings at your property, building or home and any items fixed to these structures such as:
fixed wall coverings such as paint, wallpaper and wall tiles
fixed floor coverings including timber floor coverings, carpets and tiles
fixtures and fitted appliances
swimming pools including swimming pool pumps, saunas, spa baths, hot tubs, ornamental ponds, fishponds and fountains and permanently installed watering or irrigation systems.
- Any claim relating to an incident which you were aware of at the time of the Booking and which could reasonably be expected to lead to a claim.
- Mysterious disappearance and unexplained loss or damage where the Sweepstar has not been identified as the responsible person.
- Any claims arising due to:
Superficial damages, such as scratches that still leave Household Contents in working condition.
Cracking or scratching of sanitary ware or glass.
Dryness or moisture, exposure to light or extreme temperatures.
Any gradual deterioration, including smoke and dust damage, rising damp, fungus or mildew, mould, action of light, atmospheric or climatic conditions, corrosion, rot, rust, decay, a rise in the water table, lack of maintenance, depreciation or wear and tear.
Defective workmanship or design or the use of faulty materials or misuse.
Infestation, vermin, rats, mice, insects, pests or domestic pets.
PLEASE NOTE THE BELOW VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION
SweepSouth cannot be held liable for any damages or loss in the event that a user is unable or elects not to provide all necessary/required information to the 3rd party, nor may SweepSouth be held liable for any costs associated with required documentation, such as a damages report. SweepSouth may not be held liable in the event that a claim is repudiated. You are responsible for providing a safe and secure working environment for the Service Provider, and for obtaining all necessary insurance relevant to your home and persons in your home. You hereby release the Company and the Platform and the Service Providers from any liability for injuries, property loss or other damages arising out of the Services to the fullest extent permitted by the law. Please see full Terms & Conditions for more information.